Monday, October 13, 2008

Pictures from Camel's Hump, Vermont

I think my favorite of the fall colors is the toasted yellow-brown of the beech leaves.
A view from the top of Camel's Hump with Lake Champlain in the distance.
The loneliness of the long-distance mountain hiker.  Actually, there was a bit of a mob scene at the summit, but as you can see, it was possible to get a bit of your own space to gaze and contemplate.
Our crew at the top, digging into the goodies.  Clockwise from top (sort of) are Kim, Mark, Chris, Anne, Katy and Karen.
Beginning the descent along a wide open face of rock and alpine grass.
A cool lichen shaped like a trumpet.
Camel's Hump.
Karen and Katy.
A lovely grove of beech.
In the center distance is Mount Mansfield, the tallest peak in Vermont.  It is also a stellar climb that I have done in other years.
Another view from the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thank you, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.
I don't understand the reason why I can't join it.
Is there anyone else having the same RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond?
Thanks!!

my web blog bmi chart for men