Monday, May 19, 2008

Brian's Herb Garden Volume 2 and a picture of some turtles


Today I worked on my herb garden, which is nothing but a few small or medium-sized containers that I place on the railing of my rear entrance.  This is really the only spot that I can call mine that gets any sort of sun. And it still might be a bit shady for a couple of the choices I made, such as big-leaf Italian basil.  But who can resist basil?

I tried to vary the lineup from last year, though a couple favorites snuck back in.  As I said, I've got some basil going this year, to marry off to tomatoes later in the summer and to pair with the occasional piece of fish.  Next is the sole entry in the vegetable category, an habanero pepper plant, well-known as the 'hottest' chile pepper around, with a fruity zing.  Then a trailing bunch of creeping thyme, probably my favorite all-around herb after parsley.  This is a perennial, so if I can keep it going, I can use it next winter in roasts and soups.  Next, dill, a magical herb with fish and salads.  Eggs too.  Oregano, which I actually don't use that much but had an impulse to plant.  I'll find something to do with it.  Chives, for salads, eggs, spring pasta dishes and mushrooms on toast.  Flat-leaf parsley, for anything and everything.  Mint, for tea and tabbouleh.  Finally, a small bunch of sorrel to add a lemony bite to salads and creamy soups.  

If everything goes gangbusters, I just might make back my investment.  But it's nice to have a few living things to care for and a little kitchen garden to put a bit of earthy improvisation into my cooking habits during the summer.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ejyfurad.freecities.com/ewybysi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money