Saturday, October 28, 2006




Well, it's been a while. I seem to be slow getting this blog off the ground. Truly, I've been getting bogged down with the second draft of my book, The Vampire of Castle Esterhazey. Thankfully, I've just finished a very productive week that I took off from work, spending two or three hours daily on the project, and I've gotten a good handle on this mysterious process of revising and what it means for my story. I am going to go out on a limb and publish my personal goal of having a second draft complete by the end of the year. That will entail real work, however, and a daily commitment. I go back to work at Johnson's next week.
I've attached three pictures that I took through my scope (the snowy owl and the singing swamp sparrow) and through my binoculars (the great blue heron). The Snowy Owl was found at Plum Island March '06, the heron April '06 at the Broadmoor Audubon Sanctuary in Natick, and the lovely Swamp Sparrow was found May '06 on the western side of Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts. I hope you enjoy these pictures, and look forward to uploading another post soon.
-Brian

2 comments:

Gabriella Marie Toombs said...

I love that picture of the swamp sparrow! Does it have nice call?
Franny

Brian C. Kenney said...

Yes, the Swamp Sparrow sings a slow, rich trill that I often hear when walking along marshy or swampy places in the spring.